Connect with us
Harry and Meghan

Prince Harry and Meghan will no longer use their HRH titles and will not receive public funds for royal duties, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The couple will also no longer formally represent The Queen.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex intend to repay £2.4m of taxpayer money for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their UK family home, the statement added.

The new arrangement comes into effect in spring this year, the palace said.

The statement comes after senior royals held talks on Monday about the future role for the couple, who this month announced they wanted to “step back” as senior royals.

‘Intense scrutiny’

The Queen said following “many months of conversations and more recent discussions” she was “pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family”.

Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family,” the statement continued.

“I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.

“I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.

“It is my whole family’s hope that today’s agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life.”

Prince HarryPrince Harry this week hosted the Rugby League World Cup draw at Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace said the royal couple understood they were required to step back from royal duties, including official military appointments.

The palace added that they would continue to maintain their private patronages and associations.

“While they can no longer formally represent the Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty,” the statement added.

“The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family.”

HRH, an abbreviation of His/Her Royal Highness, is used as part of the title of some members of the royal family, including prince or princess.

The palace said it would not comment on what security arrangements would be in place for the royal couple.

Their new website, sussexroyal.com, has been updated following the Queen’s statement.

“In line with the statement by Her Majesty The Queen, information on the roles and work of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be updated on this website in due course,” it said.

The new post also invited visitors to the website to explore the site in the meantime to see the current works of “Their Royal Highnesses”.

The announcement marks the conclusion of talks about the couple’s future with senior members of the family and royal aides.

Earlier this month, they said they wanted a “progressive new role” within the institution, where they would be financially independent and divide their time between the UK and North America.

Last year, they both spoke about the difficulties of royal life and media attention.

The duke said he feared his wife would fall victim to “the same powerful forces” that led to his mother’s death.

Presentational grey line

Analysis

‘Harder to think of a much cleaner break’

They will always be, the Queen writes, ‘much loved members of my family’.

But that’s about it. No royal title, no royal duties, no military appointments, no tours, most of their time spent in Canada, no public money.

It is harder to think of a much cleaner break than this. Harry and Meghan are still members of the Royal Family, but they are effectively no longer royal.

The early talk was of a much more mixed life – one where perhaps Harry and Meghan continued with some royal duties, dividing their time equally between the UK and Canada.

But the contradictions and conflicts of interest were too many.

There are still lots of details to thrash out.

And the whole thing will be reviewed after a year.

But a new life awaits Harry and Meghan – celebrities, certainly, but a different kind of royalty.

Presentational grey line

‘Unanswered questions’

BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said questions remain unanswered from the statement, including what the couple’s tax and immigration status will be in the UK and Canada.

Our correspondent said royal officials had not given a clear answer about whether Meghan still intended to gain British citizenship, which would entail her spending a certain amount of time in the UK.

He said that while they would divide their time between the UK and North America, it was expected that they will spend the majority of their time in North America.

Duncan Larcombe, former royal editor of the Sun and author of Prince Harry: The Inside Story, said a “scaled down Royal Family” had been “on the cards for some time”.

“He is not going to be able to turn off that global fame. He still has an important role to play within the institution, that’s probably why these discussions have dragged on a little bit longer than expected,” he said.

Royal expert Penny Junor said the new arrangement was “the best possible outcome and an outcome which will actually avoid catastrophe”.

She said: “They’re hanging onto their patronages which I think is absolutely terrific because they both care passionately about making the world a better place.”

However, she added: “The British public have lost out because these are two fantastic people who sprinkle fairy dust wherever they go and we are going to miss that, but clearly it was not making them happy.”

Duchess of Sussex visits charity, Justice for Girls, on 14 January 2020Megan this week visited a girls’ charity in Vancouver

Meghan and Harry have already begun a transition phase of living in Canada and the UK.

The move was agreed by the Queen, Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge.

The duchess is in the Commonwealth country with son Archie, where the Sussexes spent six weeks over the festive period.

On Tuesday she visited a charity in Vancouver which campaigns for teenage girls living in poverty.

On Thursday, the Duke of Sussex hosted the Rugby League World Cup draw at Buckingham Palace – his first public event since he and the Duchess of Sussex said they would step back from royal life.

Entertainment Gists

RUAN-Badkid.96: The Unfiltered Voice Recommitting African Sound to Truth

Published

on

RUAN-Badkid.96 is a Nigerian recording artist whose music refuses to live inside a single genre. Blending Afrobeat, Afrofusion, trap, hip-hop, melodic rap, R&B, and global influences, he creates records that move effortlessly between raw street energy, soulful storytelling, and infectious melodies. Whether delivering hard-hitting bars, emotional love songs, or rhythm-driven African records, his sound is defined by authenticity rather than limitation.

Inspired by both African culture and international music, RUAN-Badkid.96 embraces the confidence and ambition of global hip-hop while staying deeply connected to his roots. His lyrics explore love, heartbreak, betrayal, friendship, social injustice, hope, and the everyday realities of life. He doesn’t create music to follow trends, he creates music to reflect truth, emotion, and human experience.

Behind his fearless image is an artist who believes in kindness, equality, justice, and genuine human connection. His appearance may be intimidating, but his message is rooted in compassion and authenticity. Every record carries a piece of his journey, proving that strength and vulnerability can exist in the same voice.

For RUAN-Badkid.96, music is more than entertainment, it’s a language, a testimony, and a lifelong mission to connect with people through honesty, versatility, and unforgettable sound.

Continue Reading

Entertainment Gists

Meet the Man Who Turned Hype Into a Science: Emmy Blaq, Nigeria’s G.O.A.T. of Hype

Published

on

If you have ever been at a Nigerian event and found yourself on your feet before the main act even stepped on stage, there is a good chance a hype man was responsible. But not just any hype man. Emmy Blaq, born Ikechukwu Emmanuel Chima and raised in Auchi, Edo State, has spent the last few years quietly becoming the most talked-about name in that profession, and the Nigerian press has taken notice. Punch, Vanguard, The Guardian Nigeria, The Nation, and Independent Newspaper have all sat down with him, and every conversation leads back to the same thing: this man does not just make noise; he makes moments.
What makes Emmy Blaq different is the journey behind the energy. Before the stages, the collaborations with Waje on her “Waje 2.0” album, DJ Consequence, and DJ Kaywise on the massively streamed “Joor Party Mix” series, he was repairing generators, cutting hair, and sewing clothes in Auchi. His first professional hype gig happened at a local fast food spot called Valchi, and the crowd response that night changed everything. He told The Nation directly: “My passion for entertainment and desire to make people happy led me into the craft.” Punch also captured his bigger mission when he said that hype men deserve more than what they currently earn, a statement that sparked a real conversation across Nigerian entertainment circles.
With over 1.7 million TikTok followers, 23.6 million TikTok likes, a viral “Wife Material” challenge that landed on Pulse Nigeria’s top ten social media moments of 2021, and an international performance at the Cameroon International Music Festival that Cameroonian media described as electrifying, Emmy Blaq is not building toward something. He is already there. The G.O.A.T. of Hype is not a title he gave himself and hoped would stick. It is one the rooms keep confirming every single time he grabs the mic.

Continue Reading

Entertainment Gists

Uncle Wisdom The Mind Behind The Motion – Talent Manager/A&R

Published

on

MANAGER PROFILE
Uncle Wisdom is a Lagos-based music executive and visionary leader known for blending structure, strategy, and creativity in artist management. With a background in Mathematics and Statistics from UNICROSS formerly, Cross River University Of Technology. He brings analytical precision into talent development, positioning artists for both creative excellence and commercial success.

CAREER JOURNEY
Began his career in 2017 as an event coordinator for Eksu Olofofo, where he gained foundational experience in live events and audience engagement. By 2018, he transitioned into full-time artist management, driven by a clear goal to build a more structured and results-oriented system within the music industry.

In 2019, Started working as a road manager for Barry Jhay, gaining hands-on experience in touring, logistics, and artist operations, a refined career and mental awareness coach . He was also instrumental behind Barry Jhay’s 2025 sold-out homecoming concert, a key moment that fueled momentum for a successful UK tour, including sold-out shows in London and Birmingham.

PHLOX MGMT
Founded from the ground up, Phlox Mgmt is a forward-thinking management company focused on Career coaching, A&R, artist development, and strategic positioning. The company is built on a clear philosophy:
Develop the sound. Define the brand. Position the artist to win.

Phlox Mgmt has connections with @Roadgod_of Roadgod Agency and connects artists with top-tier producers, engineers, and creatives, ensuring a refined sound and strong market presence. The company continues to grow as a trusted platform for emerging and established talent.

INDUSTRY NETWORK & COLLABORATIONS
Uncle Wisdom has built valuable relationships across the industry, working with and alongside talents such as:
Barry Jhay • Asake • Ceeza Milli • Berri Tiga • Laime • Spellz • and many others

LEADERSHIP APPROACH
John Wisdom operates with a long-term vision, focusing on structure, consistency, and execution. His approach goes beyond traditional management he builds systems around artists that support sustainable growth, strong branding, and global competitiveness.

CONTACT & SOCIALS

Instagram & X: @Johnwisdm @phlox_mgmt

TikTok: @unclewisdom7

Email: phloxentertainment@gmail.com

Phone: 08038448478 | 09015668027

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2013 - 2020, 47vibez Media.