Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. A bus conveying a press crew covering Lagos State Government and attached to the convoy of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, was attacked on Sunday. The incident occurred at the Adeniji end of Isale Eko after the former Lagos State Governor visited the Oba of Lagos.
2. Imo State Police have arrested a prison escapee identified as Justice Anokam, for allegedly stabbing a pregnant woman to death with a dagger at Umuejechi Nekede autonomous community in Owerri West Local Government. It was gathered that the suspect has been terrorizing the community since he escaped from the April 2021 prison break in Imo.
3. St. Moses Catholic Church, Robuh, Ungwan Aku in the Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State was attacked by unknown gunmen while worshippers were winding down the first mass. In the course of the attack on the church, three worshippers were killed, while many others were kidnapped by the gunmen.
4. The New Nigerian Peoples Party, NNPP, yesterday said alliance talks between the party and the Labour Party (LP) are progressing smoothly. According to the party, its presidential candidate, Dr Rabiu Kwankwaso, may accept being the running mate to Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the LP.
5. The police in Ogun State have arrested six men said to be members of a notorious cult group. The six, it was gathered, have been on the wanted list of the command “for their roles in various cult clashes in Sagamu and its environs, leading to the death of at least four persons.”
6. Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has said most of the politicians in the corridors of power have no reason to be there, describing politics in Nigeria as a case where lunatics have taken over the asylum. He said this on Sunday at the Men of Valour conference organised by the Revival House of International Church (RHOGIC), Abuja.
7. The Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (KADSUBEB) has sacked 2,357 teachers for their inability to pass the competence test held in the State. In a statement, the Public Relations Officer, KADSUBEB, Hauwa Mohammed, said the Board conducted a competence test for over 30,000 teachers in December 2021.
8. A former Secretary-General of the then Nigeria Football Association (NFA), Hon. Ahmed Sani Toro has been abducted by gunmen. He was reportedly abducted on Abuja-Jos road, along with a former Golden Eaglets’ Assistant coach, Garba Iliya.
9. The Kano State Police Command, on Sunday, said it arrested a suspected social media fraudster, Musa Maje who blackmails victims with nude pictures. The State police spokesperson, SP Abdullahi Kiyawa said a manhunt for the suspect was launched following public outcry on his activities.
10. The two worshippers abducted last Monday by gunmen at the Celestial Church of Christ, Oshofa, Wasimi, in the Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State, have been released. The founder of the church, Oluwatomisin Olugbebi, said the victims were released on Saturday.