Metro
Photo: Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day
A final student of Federal Polytechnic, Oko in Anambra State, did the unthinkable when she snubbed her groom on her wedding day and called off the wedding already arranged by the two families.
The wedding was to take place on Saturday, 3 January, 2015 and guests invited to witness the ceremony at St Patrick Catholic Church, Umuchu in Aguata Local government, Anambra State, were shocked when Ifunanya Igwebuike refused to show up to tie the knot with Ekene Uzoigwe. After several hours of waiting, she later sent a message to the Parish Priest, Rev. Father Lawrence
Maduagwu, that she was no longer interested and asked him to cancel the wedding.
Ifunanya alleged that she could not go ahead with the marriage because she was a graduate unlike Uzoigwe whom she claimed was a school drop-out.
Rev. Maduagwu had no option than to inform the groom and the guests that were already seated at the church hall that the wedding had been cancelled. This caused an uproar in the church as guests who expressed shock over what happened started trooping out of the church.
Narrating what happened, Uzoigwe said he proposed to Ifunanya for marriage and she agreed on condition that he would send her to school, which he agreed. He said after she gained admission, he was financing her education and they agreed to wed during her final year.
He said he had paid her bride price and she was part of the whole wedding plan and he even gave her parents N160,000 to prepare for the wedding, besides other arrangements and expenses incurred on the wedding and reception.
Uzoigwe said she did not inform him about her decision to back out of the wedding until he got to the church only for the priest to inform him and the guests about the cancellation of the wedding.
“If she had informed me, I would not have made arrangements. We had already cooked food and bought drinks for the wedding,” he said.
He said when he contacted her parents, they said they would not force her and asked him to come and take back the money he gave them to prepare for the wedding.
Uzoigwe said he was still shocked about what happened because he did not quarrel with Ifunanya before the fateful day. He said he also made sure she was comfortable by making money available to her while in school.
Uzoigwe is a business man based in Abakiliki, the Ebonyi State capital. He met Ifunanya at their home town, Umuchu, where he proposed and sent her to school, PMNews reports.
Metro
Bauchi man, 27, allegedly k!lls 13-year-old pregnant girlfriend
A 27-year-old man, Munkaila Ado, has been arrested for the alleged m*rder of one Safiya Danladi, a 13-year-old girl, in Pali community of Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi State.
Until her death, Safiya was carrying a four-month-old pregnancy for Munkaila, who was her boyfriend, Leadership reported.
Munkaila was hellbent on getting the pregnancy aborted afterwhich Safiya was secretly taken to Gombe State for abortion, it was reported.
Munkaila later opted to k!ll his lover after an unsuccessful arrangement to abort the four-month-old pregnancy in the neighbouring Gombe State.
However, a statement by the Bauchi State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, said: “The suspect (Munkaila) confessed that the missing girl was his girlfriend who was four-month pregnant to the knowledge of her mother but unknown to the father Alhaji Danladi Mohammed.”
The Police spokesperson added that Munkaila conspired with the mother of the 13-year-old girl and another accomplice by name Mu’azu and they “took the victim to Gombe to procure an abortion, thereafter on reaching Gombe the victim was led to one Hajiya Amina Abubakar ‘f’ 50-yr-old house in Jekada Fari behind Specialist Hospital Gombe where the victim was administered with some substances to cause the abortion.”
He said while returning home in Bauchi State, Munkaila and Muazu strangulated Safiya to death. They thereafter burnt the corpse and bury her in a shallow grave.
SP Wakil stated that the duo will be charged to court on two-count charge of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide as well as violation of human right and dignity of the girl-child.
Metro
Photos: Terrorists Release More Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack Victims
The terrorists who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train passengers on March 28, 2022, have released another seven hostages, including a family of six and an older woman.
The Publisher of Kaduna-based Desert Herald and Media Consultant to Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, said the seven were released following the intervention of his principal.

Metro
Nigerian Military arrests Owo Church attackers
The Defence Headquarters said it has arrested the terrorists behind the attack on the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.
The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, who made the disclosure during a parley with media executives at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, said the criminals were arrested in collaboration with other security agencies.
Terrorists attacked the Catholic Church during a Sunday Mass and opened fire on the worshippers, resulting in the death of over 30 persons.
The incident happened on June 5.
-
Audio10 years agoPage – Day Break Everywhere Burst
-
Audio5 years agoShadykarz – Forever
-
Audio10 years agoJuniorboy ft. 9ice – IRAPADA
-
Entertainment Gists5 years agoEx-Beauty Queen, Sandra Benede Shares Sexy Photo
-
Audio5 years agoSimi – Happy Birthday ft. Adekunle Gold, DeJa
-
Audio5 years agoRuger – Bounce
-
Mixtapes4 years agoMixtape: DJ DimpleNipple – The Best Of Amapiano Thrills
-
Editorials3 years agoSa’eedah Imam On Creating Her Imprint In The Nigerian Music Industry As An Emerging Creative Writer

