Connect with us

Entertainment Gists

Meghan Markle Called A ‘Nightmare’ By Wimbledon Official And Criticised For ‘Breaking’ Wimbledon Dress Code By Wearing Denim

Published

on

Meghan Markle called a

Meghan Markle is being criticized for several reasons following her visit to Wimbledon last week Thursday to watch pal, Serena Williams play.

The Duchess of Sussex attended the famous tennis championship in blue jeans, a black t-shirt, white blazer, sunglasses and a hat. She has been called out for her casual outfit, especially because of her jeans, which breaks Wimbledon dress code.

 

Meghan Markle called a

 

She is also being criticized after photos showed as many as 40 seats around her were kept empty to keep her as far away as possible from other. People also complained that her bodyguard confronted people who were seen taking photos with their phone, even those who were not taking photos of Meghan.

 

Meghan, 37, sat on Court One and not in the Royal Box as she watched Serena play. She sat with two of her university friends Lyndsay Roth and Genevieve Hillis beside her and her bodyguard behind. The other seats around her were left empty.

 

Meghan Markle called a

 

An official organising Meghan’s told The Times of Meghan’s visit, sating: “It was a nightmare, she was a nightmare.”

 

An All England Club source explained that Meghan had wanted to watch the tennis “incognito, but there were problems.”

 

They said: “She wanted to come incognito but there were problems. They couldn’t invite her into the royal box because she was wearing jeans but that didn’t really matter because all she wanted to do was come and watch Serena.”

 

A palace source told the publication that Meghan had wanted to watch pal Serena play on Court One, and had no intention of going to the Royal Box on Centre Court.

 

Meghan Markle called a

 

After photos of Meghan was shared online. Twitter users began to question why she was allowed to wear denim and a hat when someone like Lewis Hamilton has famously been barred in the past for not adhering to the jacket and tie policy that the All English Tennis Club has.

 

Wimbledon’s website states that the protocol for the Royal Box is “dress is smart, suits/jacket and tie, etc. Ladies are asked not to wear hats, as they tend to obscure the vision of those seated behind them.”

 

Reacting to Meghan’s outfit, @GlenysBlower tweeted: “@BBCSport @Wimbledon so, gentleman have to wear jackets and ties in the royal box and Meghan rocks up in jeans. What’s that all about???”

 

Meghan Markle called a

 

Other Twitter users also expressed similar sentiments.

 

Meghan Markle called a

 

Typically the wearing of denim is frowned upon in the members’ area at Wimbledon, with one person who had been a member for 30 years saying that Meghan is “not allowed” to wear them.

 

Then, in an interview with Good Morning Britain today, Sally Jones, 64, who in 1986 became the BBC’s first woman sports presenter for Breakfast News, said she was confronted by Meghan Markle’s bodyguard who told her to stop taking pictures. Sally, who was seated in the same row, had been snapping pictures of Serena Williams and only just realised the Duchess of Sussex was there when the royal protection officer tapped her on the shoulder.

 

Sally Jones told Good Morning Britain today: “I was a bit gobsmacked. I thought; ‘Have I upset people?’ Then suddenly I felt a bit angry, and a bit bemused.”

 

Sally said the bodyguard told her not to take Meghan’s photos because the Duchess was there on a “private visit”.

 

But Piers Morgan, who doesn’t hide his dislike for Meghan, said: “This is not a private visit, if you’re the Duchess of Sussex getting a freebie at Wimbledon, in the VIP seats, watching your mate Serena Williams with the company of your friends, it’s not a private visit, you’re there as a member of the royal family.”

 

He added: “Meghan’s got to learn she’s not a celebrity anymore, she’s the Duchess of Sussex… with the fact that taxpayers pay £2.5 million for your home refurbishment… with the fact that taxpayers pay for your security guys to be at Wimbledon… we pay for that… the deal is; you’re there and then you smile.”

 

Another guest, a man was seen with taking a picture with his phone very close to Meghan  and her friends.

 

Meghan Markle called a

Meghan Markle called a

 

He was told off by staff for pulling up his phone, even though it could clearly be seen that they had been snapping a selfie with the court in the background (see below).

 

Meghan Markle called a

 

Kensington Palace has not commented on the incidents, but a royal source told the Telegraph: “It’s not unusual for people accompanying members of the Royal Family at private, or public, events to ask members of the public not to take photographs. It is to enable members of the Royal Family to engage with people and events.”

 

Also, Meghan is coming under fire for leaving immediately after Serena played and not staying to watch and support Andy Murray, a Brit.

 

The All England Club source, who earlier called Meghan a “nightmare”, said: “Andy Murray was on Court 1 afterwards and it was a massive faux pas not to watch a Brit when she is signed up to the Royal Family.”

 

A spokesperson for Wimbledon told Fabulous Digital: “The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) was delighted to welcome HRH The Duchess of Sussex in a private capacity to The Championships to watch her friend Serena Williams compete on No.1 Court.

 

“The Duchess was greeted by AELTC Chairman Philip Brook at the Players’ Reception on arrival before making her way to No.1 Court, and it was always the intention that the visit would be only for the one match.

 

“Any suggestion that The Duchess’s visit was anything other than a privilege is categorically not the view of the AELTC and she is always welcome to attend The Championships.”

 

Royal watchers also frowned upon the fact that Meghan sat secluded from other, with all the seats around her kept empty. They compared her to sister-in-law Kate Middleton who was at the tournament on Tuesday, two days before Meghan, and had no problems sitting among the crowds on Court 14.

 

Meghan Markle called a

Meghan Markle called a

Entertainment Gists

RUAN-Badkid.96: The Unfiltered Voice Recommitting African Sound to Truth

Published

on

RUAN-Badkid.96 is a Nigerian recording artist whose music refuses to live inside a single genre. Blending Afrobeat, Afrofusion, trap, hip-hop, melodic rap, R&B, and global influences, he creates records that move effortlessly between raw street energy, soulful storytelling, and infectious melodies. Whether delivering hard-hitting bars, emotional love songs, or rhythm-driven African records, his sound is defined by authenticity rather than limitation.

Inspired by both African culture and international music, RUAN-Badkid.96 embraces the confidence and ambition of global hip-hop while staying deeply connected to his roots. His lyrics explore love, heartbreak, betrayal, friendship, social injustice, hope, and the everyday realities of life. He doesn’t create music to follow trends, he creates music to reflect truth, emotion, and human experience.

Behind his fearless image is an artist who believes in kindness, equality, justice, and genuine human connection. His appearance may be intimidating, but his message is rooted in compassion and authenticity. Every record carries a piece of his journey, proving that strength and vulnerability can exist in the same voice.

For RUAN-Badkid.96, music is more than entertainment, it’s a language, a testimony, and a lifelong mission to connect with people through honesty, versatility, and unforgettable sound.

Continue Reading

Entertainment Gists

Meet the Man Who Turned Hype Into a Science: Emmy Blaq, Nigeria’s G.O.A.T. of Hype

Published

on

If you have ever been at a Nigerian event and found yourself on your feet before the main act even stepped on stage, there is a good chance a hype man was responsible. But not just any hype man. Emmy Blaq, born Ikechukwu Emmanuel Chima and raised in Auchi, Edo State, has spent the last few years quietly becoming the most talked-about name in that profession, and the Nigerian press has taken notice. Punch, Vanguard, The Guardian Nigeria, The Nation, and Independent Newspaper have all sat down with him, and every conversation leads back to the same thing: this man does not just make noise; he makes moments.
What makes Emmy Blaq different is the journey behind the energy. Before the stages, the collaborations with Waje on her “Waje 2.0” album, DJ Consequence, and DJ Kaywise on the massively streamed “Joor Party Mix” series, he was repairing generators, cutting hair, and sewing clothes in Auchi. His first professional hype gig happened at a local fast food spot called Valchi, and the crowd response that night changed everything. He told The Nation directly: “My passion for entertainment and desire to make people happy led me into the craft.” Punch also captured his bigger mission when he said that hype men deserve more than what they currently earn, a statement that sparked a real conversation across Nigerian entertainment circles.
With over 1.7 million TikTok followers, 23.6 million TikTok likes, a viral “Wife Material” challenge that landed on Pulse Nigeria’s top ten social media moments of 2021, and an international performance at the Cameroon International Music Festival that Cameroonian media described as electrifying, Emmy Blaq is not building toward something. He is already there. The G.O.A.T. of Hype is not a title he gave himself and hoped would stick. It is one the rooms keep confirming every single time he grabs the mic.

Continue Reading

Entertainment Gists

Uncle Wisdom The Mind Behind The Motion – Talent Manager/A&R

Published

on

MANAGER PROFILE
Uncle Wisdom is a Lagos-based music executive and visionary leader known for blending structure, strategy, and creativity in artist management. With a background in Mathematics and Statistics from UNICROSS formerly, Cross River University Of Technology. He brings analytical precision into talent development, positioning artists for both creative excellence and commercial success.

CAREER JOURNEY
Began his career in 2017 as an event coordinator for Eksu Olofofo, where he gained foundational experience in live events and audience engagement. By 2018, he transitioned into full-time artist management, driven by a clear goal to build a more structured and results-oriented system within the music industry.

In 2019, Started working as a road manager for Barry Jhay, gaining hands-on experience in touring, logistics, and artist operations, a refined career and mental awareness coach . He was also instrumental behind Barry Jhay’s 2025 sold-out homecoming concert, a key moment that fueled momentum for a successful UK tour, including sold-out shows in London and Birmingham.

PHLOX MGMT
Founded from the ground up, Phlox Mgmt is a forward-thinking management company focused on Career coaching, A&R, artist development, and strategic positioning. The company is built on a clear philosophy:
Develop the sound. Define the brand. Position the artist to win.

Phlox Mgmt has connections with @Roadgod_of Roadgod Agency and connects artists with top-tier producers, engineers, and creatives, ensuring a refined sound and strong market presence. The company continues to grow as a trusted platform for emerging and established talent.

INDUSTRY NETWORK & COLLABORATIONS
Uncle Wisdom has built valuable relationships across the industry, working with and alongside talents such as:
Barry Jhay • Asake • Ceeza Milli • Berri Tiga • Laime • Spellz • and many others

LEADERSHIP APPROACH
John Wisdom operates with a long-term vision, focusing on structure, consistency, and execution. His approach goes beyond traditional management he builds systems around artists that support sustainable growth, strong branding, and global competitiveness.

CONTACT & SOCIALS

Instagram & X: @Johnwisdm @phlox_mgmt

TikTok: @unclewisdom7

Email: phloxentertainment@gmail.com

Phone: 08038448478 | 09015668027

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2013 - 2020, 47vibez Media.