Connect with us

Metro

Many feared dead as Boko Haram terrorists attack Abuja

Published

on

Fresh reports has it that suspected Boko Haram terrorists on Friday night attacked Abuja, the Nigerian capital with multiple bomb blasts in different parts of the city.

The first occurred in front of the police station, while the second occurred at the town’s main market, 15 minutes apart from other.

A third explosion was reported at Nyanya Bus Station thereafter. Nyanya was the scene of two bombings in 2014, leading to scores of death.

NE learnt that another explosion rocked Kuje, another satellite town in the Federal Capital Territory late in the evening.

A female suicide bomber was said to be on her way to bomb a police station in Kuje when the explosives went off, killing her instantly and injuring passers-by. It was learnt that the twin blasts at Nyanya went off around 9.45pm at the roadside market popularly known as yankuje.

NE gathered that the explosion occurred close to the spot where an explosion killed over 70 people on April 14 and on May 1, 2014.

A resident of the area, Lambert Tyem, explained that he had just passed the scene when he heard two loud explosions which sent everyone running helter-skelter.

He said, “I just passed the roadside market and was sitting in front of my house when we heard two loud explosions. We rushed to the scene and discovered that the blast had killed many people and injured many others.

“Soldiers came and cordoned off the scene; I don’t know the casualty figure, but it seems to be high because many ambulances were coming to evacuate the dead and the injured to the hospital.”

The police could not be reached for comment as the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, Manza Anjuguri did not respond to several calls to his phone.

Abuja, a bit remote from the frontline of Boko Haram war had seen several bombings, beginning from the attack on Police Headquarters in June 2011, UN Headquarters in August 2011, Nyanya Bus Station, April 2014 and Barnez Plaza in June last year.

All the bombs were claimed by Boko Haram.

Metro

Bauchi man, 27, allegedly k!lls 13-year-old pregnant girlfriend

Published

on

A 27-year-old man, Munkaila Ado, has been arrested for the alleged m*rder of one Safiya Danladi, a 13-year-old girl, in Pali community of Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi State.

Until her death, Safiya was carrying a four-month-old pregnancy for Munkaila, who was her boyfriend, Leadership reported.

Munkaila was hellbent on getting the pregnancy aborted afterwhich Safiya was secretly taken to Gombe State for abortion, it was reported.

Munkaila later opted to k!ll his lover after an unsuccessful arrangement to abort the four-month-old pregnancy in the neighbouring Gombe State.

However, a statement by the Bauchi State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, said: “The suspect (Munkaila) confessed that the missing girl was his girlfriend who was four-month pregnant to the knowledge of her mother but unknown to the father Alhaji Danladi Mohammed.”

The Police spokesperson added that Munkaila conspired with the mother of the 13-year-old girl and another accomplice by name Mu’azu and they “took the victim to Gombe to procure an abortion, thereafter on reaching Gombe the victim was led to one Hajiya Amina Abubakar ‘f’ 50-yr-old house in Jekada Fari behind Specialist Hospital Gombe where the victim was administered with some substances to cause the abortion.”

He said while returning home in Bauchi State, Munkaila and Muazu strangulated Safiya to death. They thereafter burnt the corpse and bury her in a shallow grave.

SP Wakil stated that the duo will be charged to court on two-count charge of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide as well as violation of human right and dignity of the girl-child.

Continue Reading

Metro

Photos: Terrorists Release More Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack Victims

Published

on

The terrorists who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train passengers on March 28, 2022, have released another seven hostages, including a family of six and an older woman.

The Publisher of Kaduna-based Desert Herald and Media Consultant to Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, said the seven were released following the intervention of his principal.

 

Continue Reading

Metro

Nigerian Military arrests Owo Church attackers

Published

on

The Defence Headquarters said it has arrested the terrorists behind the attack on the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, who made the disclosure during a parley with media executives at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, said the criminals were arrested in collaboration with other security agencies.

Terrorists attacked the Catholic Church during a Sunday Mass and opened fire on the worshippers, resulting in the death of over 30 persons.

The incident happened on June 5.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2013 - 2020, 47vibez Media.