Connect with us

Metro

Man rapes teenager then seizes her clothes and underwear

Published

on

A 45-year-old tailor, identified only as Fasasi, allegedly seized the underwear and clothes of a 16-year-old girl after raping her in the Agege area of Lagos.
It was learnt that the teenager, Comfort (not her real name), a Secondary School Class 1 student was allegedly raped by Fasasi when she ran an errand for her mother.
Fasasi, who has since been arrested by the police, reportedly called the girl and asked her to also buy food for him while she ran the errand for her mother.

Fasasi was said to have led the teenager to his room, when she requested for the plate she was going to buy the food in, he allegedly asked her to remove her clothes and underwear. After she took her clothes and underwear off, he took them away and raped her.
When Fasasi reportedly refused to return her underwear and clothes after the rape, the girl was said to have fled the room naked. It was learnt that one of the suspect’s neighbours noticed the girl and came to her rescue.
The matter was said to have been reported at the Isokoko Police Division, and Fasasi was arrested.
According to Comfort, Fasasi threatened to stab her to death with a knife if she raised any alarm.
She added that when the suspect refused to return her clothes after the rape, she fled the room with one of his wrappers.

She said:

“It was on April 19, 2015, at about 5pm. My mother and I live on Shaiba Street in the Agege area. I had never gone to the tailor’s house before. I did not know he was a rapist.

“On the fateful day, he asked me to follow him inside his room to get the plates that I would use to buy food for him. Once I entered the room, he immediately locked the door behind him. He then brought out a knife and threatened to kill me if I did not undress.

“I begged him, but he did not listen. I was scared that he would kill me, so I obeyed. But after removing my clothes and underwear, he collected them from me, and went out with them. I asked him where he was taking them to; he said he was taking them to his shop.

“Seconds later, he returned and he raped me. I was shouting inside the room, but no one seemed to hear me. When he was done, I asked for my clothes, but he said he would not release them unless he had one more round. As soon as I saw an opportunity, I took one of his wrappers, and forced my way out of his room.”

“When I got outside, I met a woman who was one of Fasasi’s neighbours. When she saw me, she understood what had happened and confronted him.”

A resident, who identified herself simply as Abiola, to said that one Singede bailed the suspect after he was arrested.
She said,

“A week after Fasasi was arrested, we saw him returning to his shop. They said he was arraigned in court, but he had been granted bail. Singede must have secured his bail as usual.”

It was gathered that the suspect, still hasn’t returned Comfort’s clothes and underwear to her.
Comfort’s mother urged the police to ensure that the suspect returned her daughter’s clothes.
She said:

“I am afraid of what he might do with my daughter’s underwear. What does he want to do with her clothes? I have been worried since the day this incident happened.”

Our correspondents gathered that the rape incident was also reported to the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team.
The DSVRT Coordinator, Mrs. Lola Vivour-Adeniyi, said that a request had been sent for the transfer of the case file to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions.
“As we speak, the DPP has requested the case file to be forwarded to it. This is a case of alleged defilement, it will be prosecuted by the DPP.”
Punch

Metro

Bauchi man, 27, allegedly k!lls 13-year-old pregnant girlfriend

Published

on

A 27-year-old man, Munkaila Ado, has been arrested for the alleged m*rder of one Safiya Danladi, a 13-year-old girl, in Pali community of Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi State.

Until her death, Safiya was carrying a four-month-old pregnancy for Munkaila, who was her boyfriend, Leadership reported.

Munkaila was hellbent on getting the pregnancy aborted afterwhich Safiya was secretly taken to Gombe State for abortion, it was reported.

Munkaila later opted to k!ll his lover after an unsuccessful arrangement to abort the four-month-old pregnancy in the neighbouring Gombe State.

However, a statement by the Bauchi State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, said: “The suspect (Munkaila) confessed that the missing girl was his girlfriend who was four-month pregnant to the knowledge of her mother but unknown to the father Alhaji Danladi Mohammed.”

The Police spokesperson added that Munkaila conspired with the mother of the 13-year-old girl and another accomplice by name Mu’azu and they “took the victim to Gombe to procure an abortion, thereafter on reaching Gombe the victim was led to one Hajiya Amina Abubakar ‘f’ 50-yr-old house in Jekada Fari behind Specialist Hospital Gombe where the victim was administered with some substances to cause the abortion.”

He said while returning home in Bauchi State, Munkaila and Muazu strangulated Safiya to death. They thereafter burnt the corpse and bury her in a shallow grave.

SP Wakil stated that the duo will be charged to court on two-count charge of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide as well as violation of human right and dignity of the girl-child.

Continue Reading

Metro

Photos: Terrorists Release More Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack Victims

Published

on

The terrorists who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train passengers on March 28, 2022, have released another seven hostages, including a family of six and an older woman.

The Publisher of Kaduna-based Desert Herald and Media Consultant to Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, said the seven were released following the intervention of his principal.

 

Continue Reading

Metro

Nigerian Military arrests Owo Church attackers

Published

on

The Defence Headquarters said it has arrested the terrorists behind the attack on the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, who made the disclosure during a parley with media executives at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, said the criminals were arrested in collaboration with other security agencies.

Terrorists attacked the Catholic Church during a Sunday Mass and opened fire on the worshippers, resulting in the death of over 30 persons.

The incident happened on June 5.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2013 - 2020, 47vibez Media.