Connect with us

News

Israeli Soldiers Kill Two Palestinians Near Nablus

Published

on

A girl stands near traces of blood at the scene of the shooting, near Nablus in the Israeli-occupied West Bank, April 11, 2023

Incident comes as Israel says it will ban Jewish visitors from Al-Aqsa for the rest of Ramadan.

Israeli soldiers have shot dead two Palestinians, according to Defence Minister Yoav Gallant.

“I commend the actions of the soldiers who eliminated two terrorists who opened fire on them near Elon Moreh [near the West Bank city of Nablus],” Gallant said on Twitter on Tuesday.

“Their successful operation prevented an attack against Israeli citizens,” Gallant later said in a statement. Earlier, the military had said its forces “neutralised” two men and found rifles and handguns at the scene.

Local Palestinian sources from Nablus told Al Jazeera that the bodies of the two men – identified as Mohammed Abu Dhraa and Soud al-Titi – were taken by the Israeli military.

Al-Titi was a member of the Palestinian Authority security forces, while Abu Dhraa was a former detainee who spent seven years in an Israeli prison, the sources said.

Israel has been withholding the bodies of Palestinians as a punitive policy for decades. However, human rights groups have said that there has been a significant rise in this practice since 2015.

According to the Jerusalem Legal Aid and Human Rights Center, Israel currently withholds at least 105 Palestinian bodies at morgues, an act it calls collective punishment of families who often cannot obtain closure without a burial.

During the past year, the Israeli army has carried out frequent raids across the occupied West Bank.

Under the most far-right government in Israel’s history, sworn in late last year, the raids have escalated, taking a heavy toll on civilians.

More than 90 Palestinians have been killed and at least 19 Israelis and foreigners have died since January.

Tensions are running especially high as the Muslim holy month of Ramadan and the Jewish Passover coincide.

Several Israeli police raids on the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem last week and attacks on Palestinian worshippers triggered rocket attacks on Israel that met Israeli attacks in Gaza, southern Lebanon and Syria.

On Tuesday, Israel said it would be banning Jewish visitors and tourists from the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound until the end of Ramadan, a statement from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said.

In previous years, Israel has also banned Jewish visits to the compound during the last 10 days of Ramadan.

Last week, suspected Palestinian gunmen killed three settlers and a ramming attack hours later killed an Italian tourist. No groups claimed responsibility for either attack.

On Monday, Palestinian mourners gathered for the funeral of a 15-year-old boy shot dead by Israeli forces during a raid in the Aqabat Jaber refugee camp, near Jericho in the Jordan Valley.

The Palestinian health ministry said Mohammad Balhan sustained gunshot wounds to his head, chest and abdomen.

The Palestinian Prisoners Association said the Israeli military arrested at least two people during the raid.

“We urge the world to hold this [Israeli] government accountable for its crimes,” Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh said at the start of the weekly government session.

SOURCE: AL JAZEERA AND NEWS AGENCIES


News

Obeena Delivers Show-Stopping Performance at Igbotic Game Night in East London

Published

on

East Ham, East London — 8 August 2026: The vibrant Igbo community in the UK came together for an unforgettable evening of entertainment, culture and social connection at Igbotic Game Night, one of the biggest social gatherings celebrating the Igbo community in the United Kingdom.

Among the night’s standout moments was an electrifying performance by Afrobeats artist Obeena, who took the stage and immediately captured the attention of the crowd.

Obeena delivered performances of two of his hit songs, “Wara Wara” and “Banging,” bringing his energetic sound and distinctive stage presence to the event. From the opening moments of his set, fans responded with excitement, singing along, dancing and enthusiastically supporting the artist.

His performance of “Wara Wara” created an instant connection with the audience, while “Banging” took the energy to another level. Obeena’s ability to engage the crowd transformed his set into one of the most memorable entertainment moments of the evening.

Held in East Ham, East London, on 8 August 2026, Igbotic Game Night provided a unique platform for members of the Igbo community to celebrate their heritage while enjoying music, games and social interaction. Events such as this continue to play an important role in bringing together Nigerians and the wider African diaspora in the UK.

For Obeena, the performance was another opportunity to showcase his growing artistry and connect directly with fans. His energetic delivery, stage confidence and ability to command the audience demonstrated why his live performances continue to attract attention.

By the end of his set, Obeena had left the crowd amazed and added another memorable chapter to his journey as an Afrobeats artist. His appearance at Igbotic Game Night was not simply a performance—it was a celebration of Nigerian music, culture and community.

 

With performances like this, Obeena continues to demonstrate his ambition to take his sound beyond the studio and onto major stages, connecting with audiences through music, energy and an unmistakable African identity.

Igbotic Game Night brought the Igbo community together. Obeena gave them a performance to remember.

Continue Reading

News

Afrocentric Music Festival Invites 1,000 Music Artists!

Published

on

Are you a rising African artist ready to take your career to the next level? Showcase your talent on a massive stage at the AFROCENTRIC Music Festival in Abuja, running from November 7–18, 2026! Presented by NICOCUSA’s AFROCENTRIC Cultural Expo, this premier platform is inviting 1,000 up-and-coming artists to perform live before tens of thousands of music lovers, industry insiders, and energetic fans. Don’t miss this life-changing opportunity to launch your music career on a global stage—slots are limited, so visit afrocentricculturalexpo.com to register today, and follow us on social media for live updates!

Continue Reading

Audio

KenryWhite Releases “Kilometers” & “The King” A Powerful Double Release Celebrating Faith, Purpose, and the Journey to Greatness

Published

on

Nigerian Afrofusion artist KenryWhite unveils his compelling two-track release, “Kilometers & The King,” a project that explores the realities of life’s journey while affirming identity, faith, and purpose.

Leading the release is “Kilometers,” an uplifting anthem that reflects on the distance between dreams and fulfillment. Through heartfelt lyrics, captivating melodies, and vibrant Afrobeats production, KenryWhite encourages listeners to embrace the process, remain resilient, and keep moving forward despite life’s challenges.

Complementing the project is “The King,” featuring Wonder J. The record is a bold declaration of confidence, royalty, and divine purpose, blending infectious Afrobeats rhythms with inspiring lyricism. Together, the duo delivers a record that celebrates self-belief, leadership, and the mindset required to overcome every obstacle.

With rich storytelling, memorable melodies, and contemporary African sounds, “Kilometers & The King” showcases KenryWhite’s artistic growth while delivering music that inspires, motivates, and connects with audiences across the globe.

Now available on all major streaming platforms, “Kilometers & The King” invites listeners to embrace the journey, recognize their worth, and walk confidently into their purpose.

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2013 - 2020, 47vibez Media.