Connect with us

News

Israel To Refuse Visas To UN Officials After Guterres Speech On Gaza War

Published

on

Representative of Israel to the UN Gilad Erdan addresses the press in New York

Protesting the UN chief’s indirect criticism of Israel, Israel’s UN envoy says ‘the time has come to teach them a lesson’.

Israel will refuse visas to United Nations officials, its ambassador to the UN has said, as the country’s spat with the international organisation deepens.

Gilad Erdan made the statement on Wednesday, according to Israeli media, as the fallout from the UN chief’s speech at the Security Council the previous day continues.

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres indirectly criticised Israel for ordering the evacuation of civilians from the north to the south of the Gaza Strip. He also said Hamas’s attack on Israel on October 7 did not happen “in a vacuum” as the Palestinians have been “subjected to 56 years of suffocating occupation”.

Many countries welcomed Guterres’s “very balanced approach”, reported Al Jazeera’s Gabriel Elizondo from New York. However, Israel was “furious” and its officials called on the UN chief to resign.

Israeli Foreign Minister Eli Cohen, who was at the debate, “was so upset”, said Elizondo, “that he cancelled a meeting with the secretary-general that was supposed to happen Tuesday afternoon”.

“It is really unusual to see this sort of reaction against the secretary-general,” Elizondo added.

“Due to his [Guterres’s] remarks, we will refuse to issue visas to UN representatives,” Erdan told Army Radio. “We have already refused a visa for Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Martin Griffiths. The time has come to teach them a lesson.”

Erdan said on X, formerly Twitter, that the UN chief has “expressed an understanding for terrorism and murder” with this speech.

Later, Guterres posted an extract from his speech on X in an apparent bid to show he has criticised both Hamas and Israel for the crisis in Gaza.

“The grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the horrific attacks by Hamas. Those horrendous attacks cannot justify the collective punishment of the Palestinian people,” he wrote.

The Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has condemned Israel’s call for the UN secretary-general to resign, describing it as an “unprovoked attack”.

In a post on X, the Palestinian ministry described Israel’s position as an “extension” of its “disrespect and lack of commitment” to the UN, its charter, and resolutions regarding Palestine.

The Gaza war

Hamas fighters stormed into Israel on October 7 and attacked largely civilian targets, including families and a music festival, killing at least 1,400 people and taking more than 220 captives, according to Israeli officials.

About 5,800 Palestinians, also mostly civilians, have been killed across the Gaza Strip in retaliatory Israeli bombardments, the territory’s Health Ministry said.

Guterres, who last week travelled to the Rafah crossing in a bid to get assistance through the border between Egypt and Gaza, in his speech also welcomed the entry of three aid convoys so far.

But the UN chief said it was just “a drop of aid in an ocean of need”, as the UN Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA) warned it would be forced to stop working Wednesday due to lack of fuel.

“To ease epic suffering, make the delivery of aid easier and safer, and facilitate the release of hostages. I reiterate my appeal for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire,” Guterres said.

INTERACTIVE_INFRASTRUCTURE_DAMAGE_GAZA_OCT25_2023-1698220858

Security Council deadlock

Backed by the United States, Israel has rejected calls to halt the offensive, saying that would only allow Hamas to regroup.

The US last week vetoed a draft resolution on the crisis, saying it did not sufficiently support Israel’s right to respond to Hamas.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken asked the Security Council to back a new US-led resolution that “incorporates substantive feedback”.

The draft, seen by the AFP news agency, would defend the “inherent right of all states” to self-defence while calling for compliance with international law. It would back “humanitarian pauses” to let in aid but not a full ceasefire.

“No member of this Council – no nation in this entire body – could or would tolerate the slaughter of its people,” Blinken said.

Veto-wielding Russia – accustomed to being on the receiving end at the Security Council over its invasion of Ukraine – quickly said it would oppose the US draft.

US regional ally Egypt also criticised the document.

“We’re surprised by new attempts to adopt a resolution that doesn’t include any call for a ceasefire to prevent further deterioration of the situation which might lead the region to a dangerous juncture,” Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry said.

Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki of the Palestinian Authority, a rival of Hamas, called inaction by the Security Council “inexcusable”, as did Jordan, another US partner.

“The Security Council must take a clear stance to reassure two billion Arabs and Muslims that international law will be applied,” Jordanian Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi said.

Jordan and Russia are among nations that requested a meeting on Thursday of the UN General Assembly, whose resolutions are non-binding, due to the Security Council deadlock.

INTERACTIVE_EDUCATION_DAMAGE_GAZA_OCT25_2023-1698220846

SOURCE: AL JAZEERA AND NEWS AGENCIES


Audio

KenryWhite Releases “Kilometers” & “The King” A Powerful Double Release Celebrating Faith, Purpose, and the Journey to Greatness

Published

on

Nigerian Afrofusion artist KenryWhite unveils his compelling two-track release, “Kilometers & The King,” a project that explores the realities of life’s journey while affirming identity, faith, and purpose.

Leading the release is “Kilometers,” an uplifting anthem that reflects on the distance between dreams and fulfillment. Through heartfelt lyrics, captivating melodies, and vibrant Afrobeats production, KenryWhite encourages listeners to embrace the process, remain resilient, and keep moving forward despite life’s challenges.

Complementing the project is “The King,” featuring Wonder J. The record is a bold declaration of confidence, royalty, and divine purpose, blending infectious Afrobeats rhythms with inspiring lyricism. Together, the duo delivers a record that celebrates self-belief, leadership, and the mindset required to overcome every obstacle.

With rich storytelling, memorable melodies, and contemporary African sounds, “Kilometers & The King” showcases KenryWhite’s artistic growth while delivering music that inspires, motivates, and connects with audiences across the globe.

Now available on all major streaming platforms, “Kilometers & The King” invites listeners to embrace the journey, recognize their worth, and walk confidently into their purpose.

 

Continue Reading

News

Kilo Lazer Set To Release Debut Album “From The Mud” On August 21

Published

on

Nigerian street-pop artist Kilo Lazer is set to release his highly anticipated new album, From the Mud, on Friday, August 21, 2026.

The project is a raw and personal reflection of Kilo Lazer’s journey, capturing themes of struggle, ambition, faith, family, money, survival and the pursuit of success. Across 18 tracks, the album documents the realities of coming from humble beginnings while chasing a bigger life.

The tracklist features songs including “I’m Grateful God,” “Iba,” “Ọmọ Lugbade,” “Something Good,” “Bọ̀rọ̀ Bọ̀rọ̀,” “Gift,” “Mamacita,” “Adura,” “After Money Na Money,” “Love You Mama,” “Father Legacy,” “Burst,” “Bounce,” “Ọ̀wọ́ Nìjọ̀ Wa,” “Lighter Mi,” “Agbara,” “Tẹka,” and “Watery Watery Rice.”

With From the Mud, Kilo Lazer presents more than an album—it is a soundtrack to his journey from where he started to where he is determined to go.

From the Mud drops Friday, August 21, 2026, across all major streaming platforms.

Continue Reading

News

Biography Of AfroGospel Singer ADEBISI

Published

on

ADELIYI ADEBISI, professionally known as ADEBISI and also recognized as ADEXBARCA, is a UK-based gospel musician, praise leader, songwriter, and music producer dedicated to leading people into authentic worship through music.

With a passion for creating songs that inspire gratitude, faith, and heartfelt praise, ADEBISI has steadily built a growing reputation as one of the emerging voices in contemporary African gospel music. His sound blends Afro-gospel rhythms with powerful worship, delivering songs that resonate across cultures, generations, and languages.

Beyond recording music, ADEBISI actively ministers as a psalmist, leading worship in partnership with churches, ministries, and gospel events across the United Kingdom. His ministry is centered on creating an atmosphere where people can encounter God through sincere praise and worship.

Over the years, he has released a number of inspiring gospel songs, including Ese BabaOluwatamiloreHalleluyahGive Praise to God, and Jelenke Praise. His latest single, “Receive My Praise (Baba Gbo Ope Mi)”, continues that journey with a vibrant Afro-gospel worship sound that celebrates thanksgiving and wholehearted devotion to God.

As both a songwriter and producer, ADEBISI remains committed to creating original congregational praise music that ministers to listeners worldwide. His mission is simple yet profound: to lead God’s people into genuine, heartfelt praise—one song at a time.

His music is available on all major digital streaming platforms, including Spotify, Apple Music, Audiomack, Boomplay, SoundCloud, and YouTube.

Connect with ADEBISI

  • TikTok: @adexbarca
  • Instagram: @adexbarca1
  • YouTube: @adexbarca
  • Facebook: Adebisiofficial

Search “ADEBISI” on all major music streaming platforms to discover his growing catalogue of praise and worship music.

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2013 - 2020, 47vibez Media.