Metro
Fayose has no project to show after 10 months in power, only buys pepper in public markets – APC
The Ekiti State chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC) has berated Governor Ayodele Fayose for reportedly mocking the legacies of former Governor Kayode Fayemi as not worthy of emulation and sustaining, stating that 10 months after inauguration, the governor could not point to any project he had initiated except conducting road shows, including buying pepper and tomatoes in open markets to pose as a friend of the poor.
The party in a statement by its Publicity Secretary, Taiwo Olatunbosun, said all the governor had done so far had tended towards taking sufferings to the doorsteps of Ekiti people.
Olatunbosun, who affirmed that Fayemi’s legacies presented the best opportunities for Ekiti State to grow, stated that Governor Fayose was not only destroying himself, but also mortgaging the future of Ekiti people through stomach infrastructure that provides a kilogramme of rice and three-month-old chicken at every Christmas.
He said Instead of accusing Fayemi of fictitious N86b debts and abandoning former Segun Oni’s projects, the former governor completed all his predecessor’s projects, including the New Deputy Governor’s office, Oba Adejugbe Hospital Complex, House of Assembly Complex, Osun-Iloro, Isan-Ilemeso and Ado-Ifaki roads, among others.
Noting that Fayose and his media aide, Lere Olayinka, were “rabble-rousers and a perfect match in public image deficit”, Olatunbosun said the governor’s lies in reeling out inconsistent figures on the state debts had exposed him as a destroyer of worthy legacies and a man not prepared for governance to develop the state. He added that 10 months after inauguration, the governor could not point to any project he had initiated except conducting road shows, including buying pepper and tomatoes in open markets, to pose as a friend of the poor even when all he had done so far tended towards taking sufferings to the doorsteps of Ekiti people.
He said: “Fayose claimed that Ekiti owed N86 billion, when in reality the debt restructuring as released by the Debt Management Office (DMO) and published in Thisday of Friday, August 21, 2015, confirmed Ekiti debt as N18. 8 billion after conversion to long-term bond.
“This has shown that Fayose is a pathological and serial liar. Ekiti people should now ask Fayose where he got the N86b figure he has been bandying around that does not allow him implement development projects, including payments of gratuities and pensions for several months while also refusing to pay last year September salaries and five months salaries to traditional rulers after collecting allocations for the payments,” he said. Olatunbosun also challenged Fayose to probe Fayemi who has made himself available in the last 10 months if he is sure of his allegations.
“Government is a continuum. Fayemi met billions of naira debts on assumption of office, but this did not deter him from executing many projects, including life-lifting and empowerment projects as well as enduring physical infrastructure, such as renovation of schools and hospitals, new Government House, the pavilion, the civic centre incorporating e-library, women development centre, conference centre and museum, construction of modern markets across the state amongst others. This also did not stop him from increasing workers salaries three times, a feat which Fayose never matched not even once,” Olatunbosun explained.
He added: “Fayose has cancelled social security scheme for the elderly people, youths in commercial agricultural scheme that employed thousands of youths, apprenticeship scheme, youth volunteer programme, Ekiti Traffic Management Agency that employed hundreds of youths and community development and empowerment schemes and in their place, he instituted stomach infrastructure that has turned the youths to hell-raisers on the streets after bouts of drinks at ‘ogogoro’ joints where armed robbers and kidnappers take off for their various operations across the state, resulting in scaring investors and creatin
Metro
Bauchi man, 27, allegedly k!lls 13-year-old pregnant girlfriend
A 27-year-old man, Munkaila Ado, has been arrested for the alleged m*rder of one Safiya Danladi, a 13-year-old girl, in Pali community of Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi State.
Until her death, Safiya was carrying a four-month-old pregnancy for Munkaila, who was her boyfriend, Leadership reported.
Munkaila was hellbent on getting the pregnancy aborted afterwhich Safiya was secretly taken to Gombe State for abortion, it was reported.
Munkaila later opted to k!ll his lover after an unsuccessful arrangement to abort the four-month-old pregnancy in the neighbouring Gombe State.
However, a statement by the Bauchi State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, said: “The suspect (Munkaila) confessed that the missing girl was his girlfriend who was four-month pregnant to the knowledge of her mother but unknown to the father Alhaji Danladi Mohammed.”
The Police spokesperson added that Munkaila conspired with the mother of the 13-year-old girl and another accomplice by name Mu’azu and they “took the victim to Gombe to procure an abortion, thereafter on reaching Gombe the victim was led to one Hajiya Amina Abubakar ‘f’ 50-yr-old house in Jekada Fari behind Specialist Hospital Gombe where the victim was administered with some substances to cause the abortion.”
He said while returning home in Bauchi State, Munkaila and Muazu strangulated Safiya to death. They thereafter burnt the corpse and bury her in a shallow grave.
SP Wakil stated that the duo will be charged to court on two-count charge of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide as well as violation of human right and dignity of the girl-child.
Metro
Photos: Terrorists Release More Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack Victims
The terrorists who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train passengers on March 28, 2022, have released another seven hostages, including a family of six and an older woman.
The Publisher of Kaduna-based Desert Herald and Media Consultant to Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, said the seven were released following the intervention of his principal.

Metro
Nigerian Military arrests Owo Church attackers
The Defence Headquarters said it has arrested the terrorists behind the attack on the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.
The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, who made the disclosure during a parley with media executives at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, said the criminals were arrested in collaboration with other security agencies.
Terrorists attacked the Catholic Church during a Sunday Mass and opened fire on the worshippers, resulting in the death of over 30 persons.
The incident happened on June 5.
-
Audio10 years agoPage – Day Break Everywhere Burst
-
Audio5 years agoShadykarz – Forever
-
Audio10 years agoJuniorboy ft. 9ice – IRAPADA
-
Entertainment Gists5 years agoEx-Beauty Queen, Sandra Benede Shares Sexy Photo
-
Audio5 years agoSimi – Happy Birthday ft. Adekunle Gold, DeJa
-
Audio5 years agoRuger – Bounce
-
Mixtapes4 years agoMixtape: DJ DimpleNipple – The Best Of Amapiano Thrills
-
Editorials3 years agoSa’eedah Imam On Creating Her Imprint In The Nigerian Music Industry As An Emerging Creative Writer

