Connect with us

Metro

Election: APC candidate defeats Niger governor Babangida Aliyu

Published

on

Muazu-Babangida-Aliyu1-500x330

Chairman Northern States Governors Forum (NSGF) and Niger State governor, Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu has  lost his Senate bid as he was defeated by the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, David Umaru.

He lost in five of the 9 local government areas of the Niger East Senatorial district.

The governor who contested under the platforn of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)  was defeated in all the wards of the five local government areas in the zone so far officially declared by the Independent Nationai Electoral Commission.

Gov Aliyu polled 46,459 votes as against 149,443 votes recorded by the APC candidate.

The Returning Officer for the zone, Professor Ali Audu Jiigam said the APC candidate polled 49,519 votes in Chanchaga local government where he resides while the governor polled 17,209 votes.

In Gurara local government, Gov Aliyu recorded 6,520 votes as against the APC candidate’s 18,887 votes while in Shiroro, the Umaru maintained the lead of his council with 27,191 votes to PDP’s 7,519 vote

The APC candidate also defeated Aliyu in Tafa local government with 17,596 votes as against 8151 votes respectively while in Bosso local government, APC had 36,250 votes and PDP 7,060 votes.

David Umaru contested twice for the Governorship position twice under the platform of ANPP and CPC respectively and recently as Senator and also lost only to be given his mandate few days ago through the Appeal Court that sat in Abuja.

 

Metro

Bauchi man, 27, allegedly k!lls 13-year-old pregnant girlfriend

Published

on

A 27-year-old man, Munkaila Ado, has been arrested for the alleged m*rder of one Safiya Danladi, a 13-year-old girl, in Pali community of Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi State.

Until her death, Safiya was carrying a four-month-old pregnancy for Munkaila, who was her boyfriend, Leadership reported.

Munkaila was hellbent on getting the pregnancy aborted afterwhich Safiya was secretly taken to Gombe State for abortion, it was reported.

Munkaila later opted to k!ll his lover after an unsuccessful arrangement to abort the four-month-old pregnancy in the neighbouring Gombe State.

However, a statement by the Bauchi State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, said: “The suspect (Munkaila) confessed that the missing girl was his girlfriend who was four-month pregnant to the knowledge of her mother but unknown to the father Alhaji Danladi Mohammed.”

The Police spokesperson added that Munkaila conspired with the mother of the 13-year-old girl and another accomplice by name Mu’azu and they “took the victim to Gombe to procure an abortion, thereafter on reaching Gombe the victim was led to one Hajiya Amina Abubakar ‘f’ 50-yr-old house in Jekada Fari behind Specialist Hospital Gombe where the victim was administered with some substances to cause the abortion.”

He said while returning home in Bauchi State, Munkaila and Muazu strangulated Safiya to death. They thereafter burnt the corpse and bury her in a shallow grave.

SP Wakil stated that the duo will be charged to court on two-count charge of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide as well as violation of human right and dignity of the girl-child.

Continue Reading

Metro

Photos: Terrorists Release More Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack Victims

Published

on

The terrorists who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train passengers on March 28, 2022, have released another seven hostages, including a family of six and an older woman.

The Publisher of Kaduna-based Desert Herald and Media Consultant to Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, said the seven were released following the intervention of his principal.

 

Continue Reading

Metro

Nigerian Military arrests Owo Church attackers

Published

on

The Defence Headquarters said it has arrested the terrorists behind the attack on the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, who made the disclosure during a parley with media executives at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, said the criminals were arrested in collaboration with other security agencies.

Terrorists attacked the Catholic Church during a Sunday Mass and opened fire on the worshippers, resulting in the death of over 30 persons.

The incident happened on June 5.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2013 - 2020, 47vibez Media.