Connect with us

News

Mali Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Ukraine Over Wagner Attack Controversy

Published

on

Colonel Assimi Goita, who led a coup in 2020, has moved the West African country closer to Russia

Move follows Kyiv’s official’s comments on attacks late last month targeting Malian soldiers and mercenaries from Russia’s Wagner group.

Mali has announced it is severing diplomatic ties with Ukraine, accusing a senior official of having admitted Kyiv’s role in a heavy defeat in July that killed dozens of mercenaries from Russia’s Wagner group as well as Malian soldiers.

The northern Tuareg rebels say they killed at least 84 mercenaries and 47 Malian soldiers over three days of fighting late last month in the north of the West African country, in what appeared to be Wagner’s heaviest defeat since it stepped into the conflict two years ago.

On July 29, Andriy Yusov, the spokesperson for Ukraine’s military intelligence agency (GUR), told the public broadcaster Suspilne that the Malian rebels had received “all the information they needed, which allowed [them] to carry out their operation against the Russian war criminals”.

Mali said it had learned “with deep shock” of the remarks and that Yusov had “admitted Ukraine’s involvement in a cowardly, treacherous and barbaric attack by armed terrorist groups that resulted in the death of members of the Malian Defence and Security Forces”.

It said it would break off relations “with immediate effect”, a statement from government spokesman Colonel Abdoulaye Maiga said.

Mali also cited comments by Ukraine’s Ambassador to Senegal Yurii Pyvovarov, who was summoned by Senegal on Saturday over a video published on Facebook in which Pyvovarov provided “unequivocal and unqualified support for the terrorist attack” in Mali.

Ukraine’s actions violated Malian sovereignty and constituted unacceptable foreign interference and support for international terrorism, according to Maiga.

On Sunday, Mali announced it was cutting diplomatic ties with Ukraine, reacting to comments made by Andriy Yusov, a spokesperson for Ukraine’s military intelligence agency that Malian rebels had received the “necessary” information to conduct the attack.

Yusov did not directly confirm Kyiv’s involvement in the conflict in the comments, published on public broadcaster Suspilne’s website on July 29.

Ukraine on Monday denied any involvement in northern Mali fighting that led to the death of Malian soldiers and Wagner fighters in July, describing Mali’s decision to sever diplomatic ties over the incident as “short-sighted and hasty”.

Ukraine’s foreign ministry on Monday expressed regret over the decision made by Mali’s transitional government, saying that it was done without a thorough study of the incident’s facts and circumstances.

Ukraine unconditionally adheres to the norms of international law, the inviolability of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of other countries,” it said in a statement.

People paying tribute to Wagner troops killed in Mali at a makeshift memorial near the Kremlin in Moscow.
People stand near an improvised memorial to Russian mercenary chief Yevgeny Prigozhin who died in a plane crash last year, following heavy Wagner losses in Mali in late July 

Three days of intense fighting erupted near the Algerian border on July 25 at a military camp at Tinzaouatene.

Mali’s army has admitted it suffered a “large number” of deaths during the clashes but has not released figures.

This week, Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov reaffirmed his support for Bamako in a telephone call with his Malian counterpart Abdoulaye Diop.

The West African nation’s military seized power in a 2020 coup and has made it a priority to retake the country from separatists and hardline groups linked to al-Qaeda and the ISIL (ISIS) group.

They have also moved closer to Russia, and Wagner has been operating in Mali since late 2021, replacing French troops and international peacekeepers.

The mercenary group is thought to have an estimated 1,000 fighters in Mali, but has also been accused of helping to carry out raids and drone strikes that have killed civilians.

Malian authorities deny the allegations.

Source: News Agencies
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Audio

KenryWhite Releases “Kilometers” & “The King” A Powerful Double Release Celebrating Faith, Purpose, and the Journey to Greatness

Published

on

Nigerian Afrofusion artist KenryWhite unveils his compelling two-track release, “Kilometers & The King,” a project that explores the realities of life’s journey while affirming identity, faith, and purpose.

Leading the release is “Kilometers,” an uplifting anthem that reflects on the distance between dreams and fulfillment. Through heartfelt lyrics, captivating melodies, and vibrant Afrobeats production, KenryWhite encourages listeners to embrace the process, remain resilient, and keep moving forward despite life’s challenges.

Complementing the project is “The King,” featuring Wonder J. The record is a bold declaration of confidence, royalty, and divine purpose, blending infectious Afrobeats rhythms with inspiring lyricism. Together, the duo delivers a record that celebrates self-belief, leadership, and the mindset required to overcome every obstacle.

With rich storytelling, memorable melodies, and contemporary African sounds, “Kilometers & The King” showcases KenryWhite’s artistic growth while delivering music that inspires, motivates, and connects with audiences across the globe.

Now available on all major streaming platforms, “Kilometers & The King” invites listeners to embrace the journey, recognize their worth, and walk confidently into their purpose.

 

Continue Reading

News

Kilo Lazer Set To Release Debut Album “From The Mud” On August 21

Published

on

Nigerian street-pop artist Kilo Lazer is set to release his highly anticipated new album, From the Mud, on Friday, August 21, 2026.

The project is a raw and personal reflection of Kilo Lazer’s journey, capturing themes of struggle, ambition, faith, family, money, survival and the pursuit of success. Across 18 tracks, the album documents the realities of coming from humble beginnings while chasing a bigger life.

The tracklist features songs including “I’m Grateful God,” “Iba,” “Ọmọ Lugbade,” “Something Good,” “Bọ̀rọ̀ Bọ̀rọ̀,” “Gift,” “Mamacita,” “Adura,” “After Money Na Money,” “Love You Mama,” “Father Legacy,” “Burst,” “Bounce,” “Ọ̀wọ́ Nìjọ̀ Wa,” “Lighter Mi,” “Agbara,” “Tẹka,” and “Watery Watery Rice.”

With From the Mud, Kilo Lazer presents more than an album—it is a soundtrack to his journey from where he started to where he is determined to go.

From the Mud drops Friday, August 21, 2026, across all major streaming platforms.

Continue Reading

News

Biography Of AfroGospel Singer ADEBISI

Published

on

ADELIYI ADEBISI, professionally known as ADEBISI and also recognized as ADEXBARCA, is a UK-based gospel musician, praise leader, songwriter, and music producer dedicated to leading people into authentic worship through music.

With a passion for creating songs that inspire gratitude, faith, and heartfelt praise, ADEBISI has steadily built a growing reputation as one of the emerging voices in contemporary African gospel music. His sound blends Afro-gospel rhythms with powerful worship, delivering songs that resonate across cultures, generations, and languages.

Beyond recording music, ADEBISI actively ministers as a psalmist, leading worship in partnership with churches, ministries, and gospel events across the United Kingdom. His ministry is centered on creating an atmosphere where people can encounter God through sincere praise and worship.

Over the years, he has released a number of inspiring gospel songs, including Ese BabaOluwatamiloreHalleluyahGive Praise to God, and Jelenke Praise. His latest single, “Receive My Praise (Baba Gbo Ope Mi)”, continues that journey with a vibrant Afro-gospel worship sound that celebrates thanksgiving and wholehearted devotion to God.

As both a songwriter and producer, ADEBISI remains committed to creating original congregational praise music that ministers to listeners worldwide. His mission is simple yet profound: to lead God’s people into genuine, heartfelt praise—one song at a time.

His music is available on all major digital streaming platforms, including Spotify, Apple Music, Audiomack, Boomplay, SoundCloud, and YouTube.

Connect with ADEBISI

  • TikTok: @adexbarca
  • Instagram: @adexbarca1
  • YouTube: @adexbarca
  • Facebook: Adebisiofficial

Search “ADEBISI” on all major music streaming platforms to discover his growing catalogue of praise and worship music.

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2013 - 2020, 47vibez Media.