Metro
Former petroleum minister, Deizani Alison-Madueke arrested in London, released on bail
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Friday stormed the residence of a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke and arrested her for connection with ongoing investigation of alleged corrupt practices.
NigerianEye gathered that the EFCC and NCA had been collaborating on investigation of some scandals in the nation’s oil sector during the administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.
According to investigation, EFCC operatives were drafted to the posh residence of the ex-Minister at about 5pm on Friday.
The Spokesman for the UK High Commission in Abuja, Joe Abuku, confirmed to that five persons were arrested by the agency.
He, however, did not disclose their identities.
It was gathered that the Seizure Organised Crime Agency within the National Crimes Agency of the UK arrested Deziani and are probing the allegations against her.
It was further learnt that Deziani was picked up by operatives of the SOCA at the instance of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission which has been discretely probing her.
NigerianEye gathered that the SOCA has a working agreement with the EFCC in the area of investigation of allegations of financial crimes and proceeds of such crimes.
A source said, “It is true that the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Deziani has been arrested by the UK’s National Crimes Agency, not the Metropolitan Police.
“There is an agency within the National Crimes Agency called the Seizures Organised Crimes Agency. She was actually arrested by operatives of SOCA because the agency has a working agreement with the EFCC. We have been cooperating with SOCA on a number issues.
“I can tell you that Deziani is being quizzed over allegations of bribery and fraud by the UK police.”
Investigations further revealed that the EFCC dispatched a team of crack investigators to the residence of Allison-Maduekwe’s resident at Frederick Chiluba Avenue, Asokoro, moments after the commission was alerted that the investigation had commenced from the UK’s end.
A family relation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, confirmed the arrest of Allison-Maduekwe to our correspondent on Friday.
NE could not get the Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, to comment on the issue as the repeated calls to his mobile telephone line indicated that it was either switched off or in an area outside network coverage.
The former petroleum resources minister’s arrest came two days after President Muhammadu Buhari announced himself as Nigeria’s Minister of Petroleum.
He had vowed to recover all looted funds worth several millions of dollars that were allegedly stolen in the petroleum ministry under the watch of Alison-Madueke, who had become an object of attacks from Nigerians over scandals that rocked the ministry during the former administration.
For instance, in June 2008, Alison-Madueke was subjected to a Senate probe after it emerged that as Transport Minister, she had paid N30.9bn ($263m) to contractors between December 26 and 31, 2007. She is said to be worth over N1bn.
However, she has never been officially charged or tried for these allegations and has strongly denied any wrongdoing. She was alleged to have spent billions of dollars inappropriately on private jets and responsible for some $20bn, reportedly missing.
She is also widely accused of reckless spending of government funds. When contacted, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said, “I have no comment or information on it. It is a security matter.”
Meanwhile, EFCC operatives also stormed the home of Jide Omokore, one of her business allies while she was the oil minister.
Omokore owns SPOG and Atlantic Energy and is said to be involved in multi-billion dollar oil deals, including kerosene scam that denied Nigeria’s treasury by over $6bn.
It was reported that Omokore’s 9 Turnbull Street home in Ikoyi, Lagos and his Glover Street, Ikoyi office were raided by the EFCC operatives.
It was, however, learnt that the former minister was granted bail hours after she was detained by the ICU.
A report by Channels TV said that the London Police confirmed that she had been charged to court for money laundering and she’s expected to appear at the Charing Cross Police Station for questioning on Monday.
Metro
Bauchi man, 27, allegedly k!lls 13-year-old pregnant girlfriend
A 27-year-old man, Munkaila Ado, has been arrested for the alleged m*rder of one Safiya Danladi, a 13-year-old girl, in Pali community of Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi State.
Until her death, Safiya was carrying a four-month-old pregnancy for Munkaila, who was her boyfriend, Leadership reported.
Munkaila was hellbent on getting the pregnancy aborted afterwhich Safiya was secretly taken to Gombe State for abortion, it was reported.
Munkaila later opted to k!ll his lover after an unsuccessful arrangement to abort the four-month-old pregnancy in the neighbouring Gombe State.
However, a statement by the Bauchi State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, said: “The suspect (Munkaila) confessed that the missing girl was his girlfriend who was four-month pregnant to the knowledge of her mother but unknown to the father Alhaji Danladi Mohammed.”
The Police spokesperson added that Munkaila conspired with the mother of the 13-year-old girl and another accomplice by name Mu’azu and they “took the victim to Gombe to procure an abortion, thereafter on reaching Gombe the victim was led to one Hajiya Amina Abubakar ‘f’ 50-yr-old house in Jekada Fari behind Specialist Hospital Gombe where the victim was administered with some substances to cause the abortion.”
He said while returning home in Bauchi State, Munkaila and Muazu strangulated Safiya to death. They thereafter burnt the corpse and bury her in a shallow grave.
SP Wakil stated that the duo will be charged to court on two-count charge of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide as well as violation of human right and dignity of the girl-child.
Metro
Photos: Terrorists Release More Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack Victims
The terrorists who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train passengers on March 28, 2022, have released another seven hostages, including a family of six and an older woman.
The Publisher of Kaduna-based Desert Herald and Media Consultant to Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, said the seven were released following the intervention of his principal.

Metro
Nigerian Military arrests Owo Church attackers
The Defence Headquarters said it has arrested the terrorists behind the attack on the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.
The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, who made the disclosure during a parley with media executives at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, said the criminals were arrested in collaboration with other security agencies.
Terrorists attacked the Catholic Church during a Sunday Mass and opened fire on the worshippers, resulting in the death of over 30 persons.
The incident happened on June 5.
-
Audio10 years agoPage – Day Break Everywhere Burst
-
Audio5 years agoShadykarz – Forever
-
Audio10 years agoJuniorboy ft. 9ice – IRAPADA
-
Entertainment Gists5 years agoEx-Beauty Queen, Sandra Benede Shares Sexy Photo
-
Audio5 years agoSimi – Happy Birthday ft. Adekunle Gold, DeJa
-
Audio5 years agoRuger – Bounce
-
Mixtapes4 years agoMixtape: DJ DimpleNipple – The Best Of Amapiano Thrills
-
Editorials3 years agoSa’eedah Imam On Creating Her Imprint In The Nigerian Music Industry As An Emerging Creative Writer

