Faulty Electrical Cable Causes Huge Fire Under Lagos Bridge
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said a loose Power Holding Company of Nigeria electrical cable on Sunday, December 1st sparked a fire outbreak under the Odo-Iya Alaro Bridge inward Ojota.
The Director-General of LASEMA, Dr Oke-Osanyintolu, said investigation revealed that a 32KVA electrical cable detached from the pole, resulting into fire after it fell on combustible items such as plastics and papers.
“The fire was immediately put off by the LASEMA Response Team, Federal Fire Service and Lagos State Fire Service,” he said According to him, no injury was recorded or life lost in the incident that destroyed 15 shops and damaged other property at the Owode-Oniri Market in Lagos State on Sunday.
We have counted the shops; about 15 of them were gutted by fire,” Oke-Osanyintolu said.