2016 will be a memorable year to say the least. Despite losing some of our favorite celebrities, a few of our favorite celebrity couples split this year, leaving many hopeless in regards to love. From Brangelina to Mary J and Kendu, and most recently T.I. and Tiny, the relationship span for celebrity couples seems to have been cut by at least half. Amid all of the commotion of 2016, through all of the ups and downs of this trying year, plenty of Vibez couples have made it through. Many of which, remained the topic of conversation throughout the year, as fans labeled them as their “relationship goals.”
Here is our list of the Top 10 Couples of 2016.
10. Teyana Taylor and Iman Shumpert – In November of 2015, NBA baller Iman Shumpert proposed to his lady, Teyana Taylor at her baby shower. One month later, Taylor shared a heartfelt message regarding the birth of their daughter, Iman Tayla Shumpert Jr. Unable to make it to the hospital, Shumpert delivered their baby girl in the comfort of their own home. A couple of months later, Taylor slipped up and revealed that she and Shumpert had secretly tied the knot. Since getting together, the two have been the epitome of “relationship goals,” sporting matching outfits and supporting one another through their own successes. It’s been a pleasure to watch the love their share blossom via Instagram.
9. Ciara and Russell Wilson – Ciara and Russell have become a fan favorite since jumping the broom earlier this year. But, things have been moving fast for the ballerific couple. The two began dating sometime in 2015. In March of 2016, they announced their engagement and wed in July. Three months later, the two announced that they were expecting their first child together. While, many believed their relationship was nothing more than a rebound situation, on both parts, the two proved to be deeply invested in one another. Beautiful couple!
8. Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian – It’s been nearly a year since these two showed up on the scene, as a couple. Their love seemed genuine as Chyna helped Rob uncover his insecurities and lose weight. While, many believed their relationship to be a ploy to retaliate against the Kardashian klan, they proved they were in it for love when they announced their engagement via Instagram in April. In May, the couple announced that they were expecting. The two quickly rose to the top of everyone’s relationship goals list, after the season premiere of their reality show, “Rob & Chyna.” Although, the couple has had a few public blowouts, their love for one another never waivered. As we head into the new year, it seems Rob and Chyna are on good terms enjoying the new addition to their family, Dream Renée Kardashian.
7. Big Sean and Jhene Aiko – These two came by surprise. Earlier this year, reports surfaced revealing Jhene Aiko had tied the knot with music producer, Dot da Genuis. However, things turned sour after Aiko teamed up with Big Sean for their collaboration album titled, “Twenty 88.” The two released their steamy music videos and artwork for the project, which in turn forced Dot to lash out via social media. However, things didn’t end officially for Aiko and Dot until she filed for divorce after 11 months of marriage. While, the two were already reportedly separated, things between Aiko and Big Sean began to heat up. Just months before the filing, Aiko kissed Sean in front of a concert crowd in Anaheim, sparking rumors of a relationship. However, once all of the marriage drama was put behind them, they emerged as a couple. A very cute couple, if I might add.
6. Drake and Rihanna, Drake and J-Lo – At the beginning of this year, rumors regarding the revival of Aubrih circulated. The two had a short fling back in 2014 before calling it quits. However, their chemistry remained unmatched. While, continuing to work together and make music, the two claimed to be good friends, rather than lovers. But, at the top of the year,
something changed. Sources close to Rihanna revealed that they were definitely a couple. Shortly after the news came out, the two began dropped subtle hints about their budding relationship, from a huge billboard in Toronto to a shark tattoo. They kept it light until, Drake took the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards to present Rihanna with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. The rapper declared his love for Rihanna onstage, to which Rihanna blushed and giggled, sending fans into an Aubrih frenzy. However, talks of their relations died down, until it was revealed they had split a couple months later. But, it seems Drizzy has since moved on. The “Hotling Bling” rapper is now connected to singer and actress, Jennifer Lopez. At first there were rumors of the two “hanging out,” however, once they dropped a photo on Instagram of themselves all hugged up, we knew it was official. Not to mention, Rihanna unfollowing JLo on Instagram was a good added touch of confirmation.
5. Kevin Hart and Eniko Parrish – This summer the self-proclaimed comedic Rockstar and his “rib” tied the knot in Santa Barbara, California, despite having been kicking in for over seven years. The wedding took place on a Saturday, in the company of a few family and friends. The 37-year-old comedian walked down the aisle alongside his two children, Heaven and Hendrix. Hart’s 8-year-old son, who was his best man, took charge before the ceremony and gave a toast to his father and best friend on his wedding day. At the alter they met, Eniro Parrish, who was wearing a beautiful white Vera Wang gown. The two posted pictures for weeks after the wedding, if you missed them, go check them out. Definitely one of my 2016 favorites, for sure.
4. Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka’oir – Back in 2010, after requesting that Keyshia appear in one of his music videos, Gucci swooped her off her feet. The two have been going strong ever since, despite the rapper’s time behind bars. Before Gucci went away, there were rumors that the rapper gave his girl $2 million dollars, and when he was released, she flipped it and gave him back $6 million. When asked about the rumors, Gucci said, “well you know…I have to give the money to somebody…So…you know..i trusted her.” Ka’oir also gifted Gucci with a new whip, upon his release, proving that she was the ultimate ride or die chick. Since then, Gucci has glo’d up, lost a few pounds and proposed to his longtime love. Not to mention, the rock is baller!
3. Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union – In 2014, Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union jumped the broom at the Chateau Artisan estate, in the Miami area. Surrounded by family, friends and the baller’s eldest sons and nephew, the two exchanged “I dos” at sunset. Since then, the couple has been one of the most fun-loving fan favorite couples to ever do it. At their wedding, they sealed their marriage with a ballerific handshake to prove they were meant to be, despite their ups and downs. Now, the Wades are THE social media couple. Both, very active on snapchat, they have no problem sharing the fun side of their marriage with their fans. Whether they are dressed in matching onesies with the fam, or fresh to death for date night, it’s clear that the love between these two is unmatched.
2. Beyonce and Jay-z – Earlier this year, Beyoncé dropped one of the most talked about albums of the year, Lemonade. Although, the album served as an ode to black women, detailing their struggles with themselves, their relationships, their womanhood and their blackness, the album chronicles a relationship through infidelity, grief, pain, love, healing and forgiveness. While, the album sparked rumors of infidelity between the power couple, they used the press to push Bey’s album sales. Throughout the run of the album and the Formation World Tour, the two acted distant in the media, all while going home to one another at night. The drama made for a good marketing strategy for Bey, although she never confirmed the rumors.
In the beginning of the tour, Beyoncé dedicated the song Halo to her loving husband, to prove that they were still everyone’s favorite power couple. However, that didn’t stop fans from believing otherwise. In the meantime, Hov was featured on several songs this year, subtly addressing the rumors, in a way that didn’t confirm or deny that he cheated. But, by the end of the tour, Beyoncé brought out her husband, shared the stage to sing Drunk in Love together to finally put to rest all of the speculation about the couple. The strategy just proved that Bey and Jay will always be one of the most ballerific couples.
1. Barack and Michelle Obama – As we near the end of Obama’s presidency, it is only right to pay homage to the first couple of the United States. After 24 years of marriage, they are still everyone’s “relationship goals.” The Obamas are the most beautiful, most charming, most fascinating couple that the white house has ever, and will ever see. Not to mention, they are the funniest. The way that they look at one another is admiring. Their story is inspiring and the fact that President Obama had enough game to scoop up a woman like the First Lady, lets us know that he is the smoothest President to ever step foot inside the oval office. Their Instagram posts of one another, tug on our heart’s strings and it’s going to be very hard to see them go.
Who are your favorite Vibez couples?