Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Another ritualist’s den was on Wednesday discovered in a tunnel at the Challenge area of Mushin, Lagos State.
One of the suspected ritualists was burnt alive, while two others were rescued by the police from being lynched.
2. South-East Governors and the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu on Wednesday held a private meeting at the Enugu Government House.
The governors during the meeting agreed to immediately engage the leader of IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, and the entire leadership of the agitating group to further meetings and dialogue with a view to quickening the resolutions of all issues amicably.
3. Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s latest comment that he was pleased with Nigeria’s economic situation as another pointer to the fact that the President has lost touch with the economic realities in the country.
Fayose said it was strange that a President will say that he is pleased with sufferings being experienced by his people.
4. Notorious kidnap kingpin, Chukwudubem Onwuamadike, otherwise known as Evans and five others were on Wednesday arraigned before a Lagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja.
Evans and his accomplices, Uche Amadi, Okwuchukwu Nwachukwu, Chilaka Ifeanyi, Victor Aduba and one female, Ogechi Uchechukwu, were arraigned before Justice Hakeem Oshodi on two counts bordering on kidnapping and conspiracy.
6. The Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has been appointed to head the Federal Government negotiation team with the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.
The new development was disclosed by the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige while briefing State House correspondents after the Wednesday’s Federal Executive Council, FEC.
7. Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, has said Nigeria is passing through a difficult phase of nation building, economic recession, rising insecurity and threat to its corporate existence as a nation due to actions of some citizens.
He said only prayer could salvage the situation.
8. Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi, wife of the the Ooni of Ife has announced that her marriage to Adeyeye Ogunwusi is over.
The queen, who has reverted to her maiden name Zaynab-Otiti Obanor denied the media report which claimed she was unfaithful to the monarch while the marriage lasted.
8. The victorious female national basketball team has been received by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa.
The President approved N1 million each for the D’Tigress, who conquered Africa in the 2017 FIBA Women AfroBasket tournament in Mali and qualifying for the 2018 FIBA Women Basketball World Cup in Spain.
9. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Chairman Ibrahim Magu Wednesday said the commission has recovered over N430, 849,162,174 billion in eight months.
The funds recovered are N409, 270, 706,686.75; $69, 501,156.67; £231,118.69, €610,816.20; Dr. 443,400.00 (Dirham) and SR70, 500.00 (Saudi Riyal).
10. President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday arrived his hometown of Daura in Kastina state for Eid-el-Kabir.
An Airforce helicopter conveyed the president and members of his immediate family where he was welcomed by his kinsmen.