Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday spoke with his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
According to Adesina, Buhari, who called him around 2: 43 pm said he might not return home soon as he needed more time to rest.
2. The Federal Government has recalled two out of the nine directors who were sacked from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority on Friday.
Those recalled were Alhaji Adamu Abdullahi, the Director of Consumer Protection; and Captain Ayodele Sasegbon, the Director of General Aviation.
3. The All Progressives Congress, APC, Youths Renaissance has warned some persons against referring to this government as ‘Osinbajo administration.’
The group said it was shocked with “attempts by some Nigerians and their collaborators in the media to create crisis of confidence and severe the smooth working relationships between President Muhammadu Buhari and the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo through unnecessary praises and accolades”
4. Chairman of the Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Ahmed Makarfi, has accused his rival and the National Chairman of the party, Ali Modu Sheriff of plotting to become PDP presidential candidate in 2019.
According to him, all Sheriff was doing was not about the party but his ambition in the next general election.
5. The death has been announced of Hajiya Aminatu Mai Babban Daki, the mother of the Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmumin Kabir Usman.
Secretary of Katsina Emirate Council and Sallama Katsina, Bello Mammam Ifo, who confirmed the news around 4.30 pm in Katsina, said the late Hajiya Daki passed away after a protracted illness.
6. The rescheduled supplementary election in Igbo Etche community in Etche Local Government Area of Rivers State was marred with violence as hoodlums reportedly chopped off the hand of an official of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
An official said to be with the victim during the incident was reportedly taken hostage by the thugs and has not been rescued yet.
7. Some Chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, were Saturday arrested by Military officials at Etche Local Government Area of Rivers state where INEC held a supplementary rerun election.
The Chieftains were arrested along with more than 50 other armed youths in Ulakwo community in Etche. The Rivers State Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Samuel Wonosike is among those arrested.
8. The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has explained why it chose to open its first embassy in Spain.
IPOB’s Head, Directorate of State, DOS, of IPOB, Uchenna Asiegbu said the choice of the country was because they would not betray Biafra like others did in the past.
9. The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets on Saturday intercepted a group of Boko Haram terrorists moving in a Hilux vehicle mounted with anti-aircraft gun.
Air Force spokesman, Group Captain Ayodele Famuyiwa, in a statement said the armed vehicle was sighted at Talala in Northern Borno by an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft on patrol, which then called for strike by combat platform.
10. The acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has summoned the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris over the resurgence of violence in Southern Kaduna.
It was reported that Osinbanjo has demanded an explanation over the recent resurgence of violence that resulted in the death of 21 persons, despite the security measures and level of attention to the area.