Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. A stalwart of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Emma Bazim Chinye has dumped the party for the Peoples Democratic Party in Delta State.
Chinye, who decamped during a solidarity rally organized by Delta Central PDP in honour of fomer Governor, James Onanefe Ibori at Western Delta University, Oghara, Ethiope East Local Government Area of Delta State, said he had discovered that no party would be able to unseat the PDP from the oil-rich state.
2. Ex military ruler, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (IBB) has said that the leading opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) can oust the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) from power and also go ahead to rule for 60 successive years if the internal crisis rocking the party is solved.
According to the ex-military boss, the PDP was the only political party, whose presence had been felt, known and accepted by the people of the country and beyond.
3. The Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, has insisted that not even the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Buratai could stop it from achieving its aim.
MASSOB likened Buratai’s threat that Biafra will never come to pass, to what the leaders of India said before the country broke up leading to the creation of Pakistan.
4. The Director General of the Voice of Nigeria, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, has slammed Reno Omokri, an ex-aide of former President Goodluck Jonathan, for his constant media attacks the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government.
Okechukwu said Reno had actually shown that he was a non-democrat, who was suffering from the bazaar era of former President Jonathan.
5. Professor of medicine, Femi Williams, has revealed the reason behind President Muhammadu Buhari’s long absence.
Williams, who is a certified physician in Anatomic Pathology from London and Ireland, noted that the reason the President spent so much time in the UK was because he got blood transfusion during his medical vacation.
6. Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has dissolved all Boards and Parastatals in the state.
The governor in the latest directive asked all chairmen, political appointees and non-career employees in all boards and parastatals “to hand over all government properties in their custody to the accounting officers in their respective offices”
7. The Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa has explained the reason behind the recent outbreak of xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.
According to her, the country claimed that foreigners, including Nigerians, were dating their women and taking their jobs.
8. There are indications that President Muhammadu Buhari might overhaul his administration this week.
Sources said the changes were going to be ‘earth-shattering’ because a few of the President’s powerful aides and prominent members of the administration would be affected.
9. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has said plans are ongoing to prosecute former governors and other Nigerians who stole public funds.
According to the EFCC Zonal Head, South-South, Mr. Ishaq Salihu, the commission would not succumb to any form of pressure to compromise the anti-corruption war.
10. The Senior Pastor of Omega Fire Ministries, Apostle Johnson Suleman, has called on his teeming members and followers to put an end to the on-going media war they have engaged in over the allegations of infidelity leveled against him by his purported lover, Stephanie Otobo.
The cleric asked his members to rather resort to spiritual warfare as the ongoing battle could not be won with flesh and blood.