Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The naira traded at 455 to a dollar amid liquidity boost in the Bureau De Change and parallel market segments of the forex market on Friday. It remained stable on both the official and black markets after President Muhammadu Buhari returned from extended medical leave in Britain. The currency also appreciated against the pound sterling and euro as it traded 545 and 470 to both currencies, respectively.
2. The General Overseer of Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide, Apostle Johnson Suleman, has raised the alarm that a legal practitioner, Festus Keyamo and his alleged paymasters have concluded plans to unveil a cloned video clips to prove that he had an amorous relationship with a Canada-based stripper, Stephanie Otobo. The cleric also claimed that there were plots to kill or terribly harm Stephanie Otobo and frame him or his agents as being responsible for the heinous act.
3. Festus Keyamo Chambers that is currently handling the case between Stephanie Otobo and Apostle Suleman has strongly warned the pastor of the Omega Fire Ministry to stop dragging Keyamo’s name into the ongoing adultery scandal hanging around his neck.
The controversial lawyer specifically warned the fiery preacher against making malicious comments about him, maintaining that he was not behind Suleman’s travails.
4. The Presidency has announced that President Muhammadu Buhari will officially resume his duty on Monday next week. Announcing this through Buhari’s media aide, Femi Adesina, the presidency disclosed that the Buhari would transmit a letter to the National Assembly signalling his official resumption on Monday.
5. Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has expressed gratitude to God for bringing back Nigerian president, Muhammadu Buhari to the country alive. Tambuwal said the safe return of the president indicates that God had answered the cries of Nigerians on the health of the president who has been out of the country for over 49 days.
6. President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday disclosed that he has never been sick like he was before he embarked on a medical trip abroad. Speaking at a brief meeting with some cabinet members, Buhari said, “I couldn’t recall being so sick since I was a young man, including in the military with its ups and downs.”
7. Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Friday admitted that his time as acting president was interesting and at the same time, challenging. Osinbajo, while speaking at the First Lady’s Wing of the Presidential Villa in Abuja at a 30-minute reception shortly after Buhari’s arrival thanked the president for the confidence he had in him to commit the country to his hands.
8. President Muhammdu Buhari, during his address to the nation after his arrival in the country on Friday assured Nigerians that he will dedicate himself to serving them better in a way to repay them for their prayers and well-wishes during the time he was on medical vacation in London. Buhari said instead of trooping to the villa to greet him, Nigerians should keep praying for him. He noted that he received prayers, enormous goodwill and support from Nigerians during his ailment.
9. Following the lingering epileptic power supply in the country, the Campaign for Democracy, CD, has given the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola (SAN) 30 days ultimatum to either revive the ailing power sector or resign his appointment as a minister of the federal republic. National Publicity Secretary of CD, Dede Uzor A. Uzor gave the ultimatum in a press statement issued in Onitsha, Anambra State on Friday. He said Fashola had failed woefully to increase the megawatt from 4,320 where he met it since two years ago to till date.
10. Report says the Edo State National Youth Service Corps, NYSC member, Oluwa Mayowa, who bragged about having oral sex with an underage student, has been arrested. This was confirmed by the National Coordinator of Walk Against Rape Nigeria, Esther Ijewere. She said the youth corps member was arrested on Thursday.